A Selection of Our Developments
Prospect Park, Deeside
- A high-quality development of 3 industrial units ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 sq ft in the Deeside enterprise zone.
- Developed in partnership with Pioneer Design and Build Limited with support from the Welsh Government.
- Completed in June 2016
In September 2012, the 152 hectares (375 acres) site was removed from the Green Belt and allocated in the LDF as a mixed-use development, which will deliver approximately 2,500 houses, 19 hectares of employment and the Eastern Relief Road. The scheme will create a community heart that could include new and enhanced school provision, health facilities, neighborhood retail facilities, civic spaces and other community needs alongside a 2 km water frontage, parkland and open space provision.
A Hybrid application for the first phase has been submitted. The first phase comprises 328 detailed houses and 172 outline houses along with the first phase of the Wakefield Eastern relief Road.
Stretton has a consented planning application for 220 units, and an application has been submitted to increase this to 350 units.
Orwell Terrace, Edinburgh
- Planning permission in place for 234 student units.
- Agreement to lease for 23 years signed with Napier University.
- Construction commenced April 2015 with delivery for the August 2016 student intake.
- Sold to Aviva for £17.5m in August 2015
STRETTON PROPERTY GROUP SELLS FLAGSHIP STUDENT SCHEME
Stretton Property Group in conjunction with Cityheart Limited, one of the UK’s leading developers and investors of student accommodation, has agreed the sale of its latest student accommodation development in Edinburgh to Aviva Staff Pension Trustee Limited for £17.5 million. The 245 bed scheme was pre-let to Edinburgh Napier University for 23 years.
Edward Chantler, Managing Director of the Stretton Property Group, comments: “This is a significant win for our business and illustrates how we’re able to add real value to our property investments. We have a strong pipeline of properties and projects in place and look forward to bringing further opportunities to the marketplace.”
Building works on the Orwell Terrace development, which has been managed in collaboration with Cityheart Ltd in Chester, commenced in April 2015 and completed in August 2016.
The Stretton Property Group is a strategic land investment company that specialises in industrial development, strategic land acquisition and student accommodation. The Group has developed over 6 million square feet of commercial, industrial and office property and owns just over 1.5 million sq ft of tenanted industrial units.
- Sladen Estates (part of the Stretton Property Group) working with Peveril Securities has recently acquired the former Durham County Hospital.
- Planning permission has been submitted for 440 student bed units, which will involve refurbishing the old hospital and building some new accommodation at a cost of c.£17m.
- Acquisition of a 200,000 sq. ft industrial unit with short term income in place.
- Stretton demolished and cleared the site ready for redevelopment opportunity.
- Site sold in August 2016.
- The recent acquisition of Evergreener Investments LLP, which owns a 200,000 sq. ft industrial unit let to Clipper Logistics.
- Stretton extended the building by a further 150,000 sq. ft and re-geared the lease to a new 25 year term.
- Stretton retain the investment within their industrial portfolio.
Strategic Residential Land
- Stretton Property Group has a wealth of experience in acquiring and taking optional/promotional agreements on Strategic Land across the country.
- We have the knowledge and expertise required to take Option and Promotional agreements through from concept to delivery.
- The Strategic Land Division has obtained planning permission for 3,000 houses to date, with applications for a further 1,400 houses in the planning process.
Orchard Park, Hull
- A new retail development of 10 units, pre-let to Hull City Council and Heron Foods.
- Construction commenced in September 2014 and completed in June 2015.
- Stretton retain the investment within their portfolio.
Wakefield Power Station
- Formerly the Wakefield B power station.
- Stretton has a consented planning application for 220 residential units, and an application is currently being developed to increase this to 350 units.
- The Wakefield Eastern Relief Road, which traverses through the Power Station Site and represents a major infrastructure project for Wakefield District Council, began construction in April 2015. This is due to be completed in October 2016 at a cost of c. £30m.
A student accommodation development of 778 student bedroom units, which completed in August 2013. The entire block was let to Napier University on a 23 year lease and was sold as a completed investment to Standard Life Investments.
The construction was undertaken by Pochin Construction Plc at a cost of £29m.